Non-virgin in Numeniyah

Staying on the Dear Dotti theme, I tried to get another picture of her during the Iraq war, but failed.









For the duration of the WWN's existence, Dotti claimed to be in her 20s, so 50 probably wasn't a stretch. Unfortunately, she only printed the letter.

For today's Marine usage tip, "Marine" should always be capitalized, though I'll give Dotti a pass. This doesn't go for soldier, sailor, or airman, but try not capitalizing Marine around a sergeant major or drill instructor and see what happens. Various style manuals say this capitalization isn't correct -- guess if we care?

One of my great regrets from the Iraq war is never finding out which of my letters were printed and which were not. Okay, I disappeared for 17 months, blah, blah, blah, two young kids at home, blah, blah, blah, but my wife wasn't able to check every single issue of the WWN for Dear Dotti letters. I have no idea what happened to the letters below.








Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Sasquatch in Afghanistan

R.B. Miller Almost Wins Hogaboom Writing Award

Major General James N. Mattis and the Major James N. Mattis Marching Band