Saddam's Favorite Reaction

Okay, it turned out that weapons of mass destruction were overrated, but this doesn't imply a conspiracy. When the largest post office within 100 miles doesn't have stamps for sale (just happened to me), do you jump to a conspiracy theory, or do you mutter "nitwits"? Bad news: the post office and the CIA draw from the same hiring pool.


The figure above is from the one lab notebook I saw in Iraq (a few days before Baghdad fell in 2003). For non-physicists, let me assure you that very bad things happen when Uranium 235 captures a neutron and decides to split into barium, krypton, energy, and more neutrons. I am a physicist, but if you don't trust me, ask the Hiroshimans about this reaction.

I believe that my commanders honestly thought Saddam had WMDs, at least of the chemical variety. Why else would they have dressed us like this (bright green chemical warfare suits)?


In my next installment, I'll explain why you should blame the Turks and Jordanians for our WMD problems. For now, I'll leave you with Gary's version of the same events:



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Sasquatch in Afghanistan

R.B. Miller Almost Wins Hogaboom Writing Award

Major General James N. Mattis and the Major James N. Mattis Marching Band