Saddam Feeds Christians to Lions!

People sometimes ask how this picture came about.


Two weeks after taking Baghdad, we happened to be near Babylon, about 70 miles south. I was a longtime subscriber to the Weekly World News (RIP), but this was a copy a friend sent. Since I was in the Arena of Death anyway, I asked a friend to take this picture.

Here's a picture of the Arena of Death from the top. The lion entrance is the partially obscured arch on the left. The Christian entrance is out of the picture to the right.


When I was done with the newspaper, I gave it to some locals, who really enjoyed it. Here they're reading it on a stone table used for human sacrifice.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Sasquatch in Afghanistan

R.B. Miller Almost Wins Hogaboom Writing Award

Major General James N. Mattis and the Major James N. Mattis Marching Band